2022 Advanced Trauma-Informed Interpreter Training
Our Advanced Trauma-Informed Interpreter Training is designed for professional interpreters who want to help those in crisis in their community. This free 12-hour online course gives interpreters tools to improve their trauma informed interpreting skills and prepare them to work with victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking.
The presentations will be given by experienced professionals working in victim services, law enforcement, and legal settings as well as interpreters experienced in working with crisis survivors.
Topics will include interpreting for:
- Domestic violence survivors / trauma-informed care
- Sexual assault survivors
- Human trafficking cases
- Forensic interviews
- Sexual assault (SANE) exams
- Law enforcement, victim services and evidence collection
- Civil legal settings- Protection from Abuse, custody, divorce, and family court
The course includes eight webinars on June 14, June 21, June 28, July 12, July 19, August 2, August 9, and August 16, 6-7:30 PM Central Time.
Participants who complete at least 6 of 8 webinars will receive a certificate in Trauma Informed Interpreting from AshaKiran.
Minimum requirements for participation:
- Over 18 years of age.
- At least 2 years of experience working in legal/medical/community settings.
- Minimum of 15 hours or more training in Basics of Interpreting by AshaKiran or any other agency OR court or medical certification
For questions or more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org